April will be here before we know it, and you know how much I like to build monthly marketing strategy about what’s already going on! Work smart, not hard! So let’s get on with it: April marketing ideas for bars and restaurants.
Hashtag Holidays are perfect for social media, of course, but they also give you reason to throw a party! And what better way to invite new people in to your restaurant than a party?
- April 10th #NationalSiblingsDay- run a special for anyone that comes in with their sibling, or tags their sibling on social media.
- April 11th- #NationalPetDay- this is going to be a big one! Give prizes out for pictures of people’s pets. If your establishment is pet friendly, have a Yappy Meower to celebrate. This one could be huge so start promoting now!
Good Friday/Easter Sunday
Remember during lent there are many people who don’t eat meat on Fridays, especially Good Friday. Make sure you have a fish dish or vegetarian dish for those patrons.
In South Texas on Easter, many families choose to Bar-B-Q at the park with family. Consider having a huge brunch to bring in an Easter crowd. Decorate with spring flowers and serve carrot cake!
Earth Day, Monday April 22, is a great reason to celebrate in your establishment while bringing attention to a greater cause. Consider promoting reusable mugs or cups with your logo on them or even a tote! Create a limited time menu that uses organic and sustainable items. Offer discounts for customers that bring their own cup that day or week. Sponsor a community clean up.
In San Antonio, April means FIESTA! And that just means it’s time to party! Create a fiesta medal for your brand to sell. Have a Pre-Fiesta or Post-Fiesta party. Rent out a bus and take your patrons downtown for some fun. Rent a booth at one of the many events around San Antonio to bring attention to your brick and mortar restaurant. Unfortunately, only San Antonians can participate easily, but if you haven’t been down to San Antonio during Fiesta, it’s time you did!
- The end of March kicks off MLB season so baseball is in full effect all through April.
- NBA regular season ends in April 10th 2019 with the playoffs starting April 13th (GO SPURS GO)
- NHL season also ends in April, April 6th with the playoffs starting a few days later
- The 2019 Masters Tournament in golf in April 11-14, 2019
The warm, patio weather is near! Time to plan some parties and get your April marketing under way! Be creative, make it about your guests, not you. What speaks to them? What’s popular around your establishment? Why don’t you ask your customers what kind of party they would think is fun? Once you know what you have planned, start your social media strategy. No one will be at your party if they don’t know about it. And if you need help getting your April marketing ideas going, Kee Hart Marketing & Events is there to help.